Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

What can I study in Australia if I have PR?

Arixooo's picture
By Arixooo - Posted on
22 February 2016

hello dear fellas. this is very important to me and i appreciate your comments so much. i am holding a permanent visa on 189 subclass. i am planning to come to australia with my wife. she has a BS in food science. i have a master in IT engineering. i would like to know our chances to get FEE Help funds from australia government. it's said on fee help booklets that PR holders are only eligble for bridging studies. is that true? what are bridging studies anyway? thank you so much for yor time.

SOMV's picture
Last seen: 1 year 41 weeks ago
Joined: 01/03/2016

Hello Arixoo, As a permanent resident you can of course study without restriction. You will not have to pay international enrollment fees, but you will not immediately be able to pay the same reduced fee as an Australian citizen. To be more precise, under the Higher Education Support Act 2003, only Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders can access the Higher Education Loans Program (HELP) and the associated discount for up-front payments. New Zealand citizens and permanent visa holders are considered domestic students and will have continued access to lower fees through a Commonwealth supported place. 

Your rating: None

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Australia

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.