What does "All Inclusive Salary" mean?

vivaeast's picture
By vivaeast - Posted on
03 September 2012
I am negotiating for a job in Abu Dhabi. The company has told me they offer "all inclusive salary packages". Then they asked me what I would like my minimum salary to be. My question: what does an "all inclusive salary" mean? I will ask for less money if they offer financial assistance for rent, my child's school, etc. I'm just not sure if this term means something special in Abu Dhabi. Thank you.
Online
Last seen: 2 min 53 sec ago

Hi Vivaeast

Most companies that employ expats in the Middle East offer certain benefits as part of the employment package. The benefits vary depending on the company - so you should ask them exactly which benefits would be included in your case.

Usually, the benefits included a housing allowance, assistance with school fees, health insurance, cost of processing your visa application and a return ticket home each year. Obviously, the more senior in the organisation you will be, the more benefits you are likely to receive. 

Take a look at the Expat Arrival's pages on Contract negotiation in Abu Dhabi and Employment packages in Abu Dhabi to get a clearer insight into what you can expect

Remember the cost of living in Abu Dhabi is notoriously high, so it is worth considering the type of lifestyle you want to have while over in the emirate and working out your estimated expenses before negotiating a salary.

Good luck !. 
vivaeast's picture

Thank you Shantalie. I appreciate the feedback. I will eventually find out about the benefits in detail, but I was curious if there was a regional definition for "all inclusive salary packages".

Online
Last seen: 2 min 53 sec ago

Hi again,

As far as I know there isn't a regional definition of what is included in an employment package. It varies considerably according to the company and your position.

I think you might find the information in this article - A comparison of expat salaries in the Middle east, quite useful. While it doesn't answer your question on what an 'all inclusive' employment package, it does give you an idea of what sort of salary you can expect within different fields of employment.

I hope it helps. :)
vivaeast's picture

Hi Shantalie,
The page on salaries does help. This site (and you) have been most helpful
Thank you.

Anonymous

All inclusive usually means the salary negotiated will be your total compensation and expenses (housing, transport etc) will come from that salary.

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi