What happens with Nulla Osta and Permesso di Soggiorno if I change a job in Italy

KatarinaMil's picture
By KatarinaMil - Posted on
15 September 2017

Hello,
I currently live and work in Italy with work permit and I am wondering what do I need to do with Nulla Osta and work permit if I change a job? Do I need a new Nulla Osta? And what is the process to renew work permit?
Best regards,
Katarina

EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago

Hi Katarina

Work permits and visas and such are handled very much on a case by case basis. Your best bet is to talk directly to your embassy. Where are you from originally? Have a look at our page on work permits in Italy for some more information.

Hope this helped!
Anonymous

Hello Emma,
I have read a lot on work permits, but my question was if I need to change it or get a new Nulla Osta in case of changing job in Italy. I hope now the question is clear.
Katarina

EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago

Hi Katarina

Since work permits are handled by employers, yes, you will probably need a new Nulla Osta when you change jobs. It will be best to talk to your new employer and go to immigration to find out what you need to do.

Good luck,

Read more posts about Italy