I'm an artist moving to Berlin for inspiration. I want to know which areas I should look for accommodation in. I'm in my 20s and my budget isn't huge so I need to find an affordable place. 

Also what are the best ways to find accommodation ? Do I look online or do I need to pay a agent to help me? I don't speak German so I wouldn't really know where to start.

Please help!
bobb on 15 Jul 2016
Depending on your budget there are several areas to stay. 1. Friedrichshain Is a very stylish place to live, especially for young people. Prices are already quite high. 2. Prenzlauer Berg The prices are high as well and the areas offers a very convenient surrounding with lots of bars, restaurant etc. It´s another "in place" to live. 3. Wedding The Wedding in the former western part of Berlin is becoming another new area to live. Still occupied by many people of e.g. turkish origin, it slowly changes into an area like Friedrichshain, but it will still take some years. At the moment aparments are cheaper and you will find many good stores with exotic food. I would suggest to first look online without an agent. There are of course many shared apartments, which you might find here: http://www.wg-gesucht.de (only German). Good luck!
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Jul 2016
Hubby and I are moving to Berlin in about 6 month. He does speak German. Where is good area to find an apartment?
Bobby_C on 27 Jul 2017
Thanks Bobb, your post is very helpful! I had the same query as well.