Expert Info

Posted by Drea
on 30 Jan 2017
I am australian and my partner is italian citizen, I have done the tourist visa many times but am needing to find a more permanent answer. We have just purchased a house in milan in his name. What is the best/fastest/safest option for me to take residence. I was looking at starting studdies there, but don't know if it's better to take a work visa instead? I want in the end permanent residence/rights. I'm also entitled to a british passport but with brexit now I think it's not really helpful? I have contacted the embassy here in australia and they told me they can't help me until I lodge a visa... but I don't know what one is the right wat to go.... please any help wanting to get back to Italy as soon as possible to my little family. Appreciate any advice.
Anonymous (not verified) on 19 Mar 2017
We are looking for similar information, but coming from the USA. My wife and youngest son and I would like to obtain an Elective Residence visa. Does anyone have a recommendation for a visa expeditor to assist in the process?
Pippodan on 28 Aug 2018

Did you find a solution? I'm in a similar position, I'm an Australian and my partner is Italian but we are not married. We would like to live and work in Italy together but having trouble finding information on the best visa. My preference is a de facto visa but everyone is telling us we need to be married!

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna Global

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International

Bupa Global

Bupa Global's international private medical insurance offers expats direct access to some of the very best doctors and hospitals in the world. Bupa is chosen by individuals who value expertise, freedom and quality. You can choose to see your preferred doctor close to home or a specialist in another country. Their health insurance plans are designed for day-to-day healthcare needs too.

Get a quote from Bupa Global