Hi I'm moving to Moscow next month. I have sorted out most of what I am bringing, got the usual stuff; a kindle and laptop to keep me entertained and lots of warm clothes for winter etc My question is really, what can I not get in Moscow? I lived in China for a few years and found it almost impossible to buy shoes, when I lived in America, a long time ago, I brought English tea bags and biscuits with me. I imagine It will be easier to find things in Moscow than it is most places, but what can't you get there, that you really miss, that I should put in my suitcase? Many thanks Matthew
Shantalie on 15 Jul 2014
Hi Matthew,

It may be difficult to get certain things from home in Moscow. Imported goods often come with additional costs, so if there is something you will need lots of take it. Online shopping makes it easier for you to obtain goods from abroad as well, although again you will need to fork out a bit more on delivery, etc.

Check out the Expat Check List . It is an article that covers all the things people moving abroad should consider.

Good luck

bratsch68 on 28 Jan 2019

Coming from TX and planning to move to Moscow with my wife (she's a Russian and US citizen), my question is a little more difficult.    The standard move is fine and we have almost everything setup.  My question is this: coming from TX (yes, it's a US thing), I have my firearms and archery equipment (hunting and sports)….has anyone brought this type of equipment over and, if they have, what is needed for this?    I've been trying to find info but it's not that easy or "plain and simple".   

Thanks....