Hi I've been coming to China for years under business visas, I was staying about 30 days...each time, today I would like to bring my wife and 2 kids with me for a couple of years , what visa is to be requested for kids, I don't mind getting a 1Y business visa for my wife and I...but for kids? I have 1 two Year old and1 8 Year old... Best, L.
Xavier on 30 Jul 2014
Hi Lionel

It depends on which visa you would get for yourself. If you go there to work on a Z Visa, your family should be covered as well. If you intend on staying for a few years though, you would need to get a residence permit.

Have a look at our Visas for China and Work Permits for China pages, which give an overview of the process you'd need to undertake.

Good luck, I hope you and your family have a long, happy stay.

Best,

Xavier