Hi- I'll be moving to Russia with my wife to St. Petersburg next year, and though I'm excited, I'm concerned about the state of healthcare in Russia. I've had a heart transplant and I'm always wary of complication, costs of medical care and the standard of treatment.
Stephanie on 4 May 2011
Hi-
I can certainly identify, I've had a major heart surgey and two pace makers implanted. What you'd probably be suprised to hear, is that all of that happened in Russia! I've originally from Texas but moved here with my wife ten years ago so she could return home to her "motherland" and have found the healthcare arguably better than the US system. In Russia, hospitalization is free, doctors actually care about you, not the billable hours, and filling prescriptions for medication is relatively affordable.