Where can I get help for hazardous living conditions in Vienna rental apt?

jenniferweishaar7221's picture
By jenniferweishaar7221 - Posted on
02 March 2015

Please help. My husband and I had to move into a temporary apartment because of extremely dangerous mold in every wall of our apartment. The landlords do not want us staying in our temp apt. because they say they just don't want to pay for it anymore even though the insurance is more than covering these expenses, they told us how much they are making off of the insurance. We have been treated so terribly by them during this traumatic experience, this is before they have properly cleaned the apartment and the day after they perform an air quality test to see if it is even livable yet& it takes 2 weeks to get the results. We are also currently trying to concieve & I'm horrified by what this unsafe environment could do to our unborn child. They told us it is the most dangerous mold they have seen and the dust everywhere and on everything is highly toxic but they don't have proper cleaners coming in from a proper company to clean, just their hired hands that fix random things. I feel a qualified cleaning company should be coming in that specialized in these problems to clean properly with the proper cleaners. They want us moving in with our 3 pets before we get the OK that it is safe, we are scared for the safety of our health and our pets and unborn child. Please Help, what are our rights regarding this horrible situation? We are tired of getting taken advantage of by our Landlords.

jenniferweishaar7221's picture

Read more posts about Austria