Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Where do I start?

deadlydiego's picture
By deadlydiego - Posted on
18 May 2016


I am interested in re-locating permanently to Canada and I am not sure where I start with this process.

I currently work as an Senior Electrical Designer working on a large scale project for a company providing vessels for the government. My partner is a Senior Teaching Assistant.

Is there any work within these sectors which allow us to consider immigration to Canada?

Any help in where to start the process of looking into moving there would be greatly appreciated.



Anonymous's picture

Marc, You do not say from which country you originate from.
There are two ways to emigrate to Canada. As an Entreupreneur or to be on the government list of needed skills. As an entrepreneur you will have to invest into setting up a business in Canada and employing , I believe at least one Canadian . The investment used to be $250K but I believe it has now doubled.Which you can find on the website.
Depending where you are will make a difference for the time for your application to be processed. i.e. if you are Turkish up to 4 years.
IF you have family there then there is the family reunification scheme.
Canada is a very large country but , unlike the US , it does not have a large industrial infrastructure and finding employment can be difficult

Your rating: None
MaryClark's picture
Last seen: 1 year 36 weeks ago
Joined: 26/07/2016

I think you should start from calculating your chances and selecting the program that would fit you. You can do this on the official site for Immigration Canada.

Your rating: None

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Canada

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.