I'm so confused about the different areas in Atlanta and where would be the best place to live. I'm going to be working in Midtown Atlanta. I hear the traffic in Atlanta is pretty bad. Where is the best place to live in Atlanta close to Midtown and within easy reach of public transport - I definitely don't want to be driving into town!
Catherine on 1 Aug 2013
Hi Jonny, you're right in saying Atlanta can be a bit confusing in its layout and the different areas, with its cities and suburbs all incorporated into the metro Atlanta area. If you're going to be working in Midtown, you could consider living in Midtown itself - the neighbourhood is an eclectic mix of differnt folk and there is a variety of accommodation available. But you never mentioned if you had kids of needed to be close to good schools. If that is the case, you could also consider Buckhead or Grant Park which are both relatively close to the city centre and have easy access. I suggest taking a look at our page on Areas and Suburbs in Atlanta for more on the different neighbourhoods in the city.