Going to be hopefully moving to Perth later this year from UK, along with husband and 2 children ( 12 & 9 )looks like I might be working in Nedlands don t want to be this close to CBD happy to commute about 30 mins each way. Just wondering if anyone can advise me of suitable suberbs with nice safe areas, good community, good schools etc. that are not going to break the bank ???? Thanks
Shantalie on 22 Apr 2013
Hi Mariaeva115,

I'd advise you to narrow down a few schools that you'd like your children to attend before you begin your search for a home. The My School website gives is an excellent source for getting reviews on Australian schools.

Family-friendly suburbs in Perth include Victoria Park, Applecross and Rivervale. 

Take a look at our Areas and Suburbs of Perth page for more information.

JennyK on 24 Apr 2013
Como is a great area. Close enough to the river and a quick and easy bus ride into the city.
crazyoverpurple on 1 Oct 2014
Melville is a great suburb in Perth. In fact, it's ranked #1 in the list of top suburbs in Perth. It's great for families with kids and even for young professionals. Hope this helps.