Work and accommodation in Dubai?

Maisie Barrett's picture
By Maisie Barrett - Posted on
09 January 2017

Hi Friends,

I am seriously thinking of moving to Dubai. I would like to know, the best area to live where I will be safe, and how to find work and accommodation before I go? I can work in security, or wedding and event planning.

Many thanks

Maisie

Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago

Hi Maisie,

By and large, Dubai is a pretty safe place.

The best area to live really depends on what kind of environment you're looking to live in. Are you moving with a family or by yourself?

There are good suburbs in the city, close to green areas, and by the beach, as well as more budget-friendly areas which may be more affordable. You can have a look at our page on Areas and Suburbs in Dubai for more detail. You might also find one of our older forum posts (link here) a useful summary.

As for work opportunities, your best bet would be to browse a few UAE job listings online and see what type of work is available. You can also read our guide to Working in Dubai for an overview of employment in the UAE and how to find a job.

Good luck with your move.

Read more posts about Dubai