Work permit processing fee to work at Abu Dhabi.

saswati's picture
By saswati - Posted on
04 July 2017

I am an Indian who has been offered a job at an University for the post of a lecturer at Abu Dhabi. Please guide me regarding the approximate cost incurred towards work permit processing fee to work at Abu Dhabi.

Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago

Hi Saswati,

It's very unusual for the employee to take responsibility for the process and cost of applying for a work permit. In fact, I found a page on the website Living In Dubai says that legally, the employer is required to bear the cost. Is this something they've asked you to do or something you're just trying to think ahead on? If they've asked you for money or to pay for the work permit upfront (or indeed at all) I'd be extremely suspicious as this is one of the hallmarks of job scams. Another thing is whether you approached them or they approached you about the job, and whether you did an interview with them prior to being hired? If anything about the process seems a little too good to be true, it's worth doing some research. You can read this article on job scams to learn about other signs to look out for.

Good luck.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your response. I went through your article and was shocked to see the similarity between the offer made to me and what is there in the article. I will definitely research more before taking any decision. Thanks a lot for your help.

Saswati Das

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi