Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • San Jose
    Hi my husband has a 3yr placement in the San Jose area. We will be moving out a the end of the school year. I am looking for recommendations on...
    1 | 2 hours 26 min
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello, Can you tell me if it is possible to buy a resident visa as an expat visiting Sharjah, UAE? I was told by my friend that companies can sell...
    1 | 1 day 2 hours
  • Saudi Arabia
    Dear admin Its urgent please help me. Thanks in advance. i came on a vacation for three months from ksa on oct 24 and my return ticket is on jan 21st...
    3 | 2 hours 9 min
  • Qatar
    planning to move to Doha. Anyone knows if is it possible for a retired person to get a Resident Visa without working? Any suggestion about where to...
    Zero | 1 day 21 hours
  • Oman
    How many days will it takes for Oman working visa to be out
    1 | 3 days 3 hours
  • Egypt
    Hi,All Iam Indian based in mumbai ,Iam expecting a job offer in Egypt as logistics Manager.there fore what would be the salary range to survive...
    Zero | 4 days 4 hours
  • New Zealand
    Dear Team and Kia Ora Greetings from myself and my family. Im relocating to Auckland in a short while and very much excited about it. My Kid will be...
    Zero | 5 days 2 hours
  • Shanghai
    I currently have a Foreigner Expert Certificate in Shanghai.I understand that the format is changing/has changed to a universal permit with three...
    Zero | 5 days 8 hours
  • Qatar
    Hi there My wife and I will be starting new jobs in Qatar in 2 months. We're currently working out what to take with us, and what to place in...
    Zero | 5 days 17 hours
  • St Lucia
    HI - Thinking of moving to St Lucia with an 8yr old from US - it would be just the 2 of us ... can anyone share their experience on schools, safe...
    Zero | 6 days 5 hours
  • United Arab Emirates
    I am currently looking for an elementary teaching position in Dubai for the 2017-18 school year and I am seeking advice and assistance on the best...
    Zero | 6 days 16 hours
  • London
    Hi all, I am swiss national currently in an application process with a company in Egham London. Just wanted to know which part of London is a cool...
    1 | 6 days 23 hours
  • South Africa
    Hi All Hope someone can help. We are a couple (British Citizen)living in the UK with 2 children (age 4 & 5). After visiting Johannesburg several...
    4 | 1 week 5 hours
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    Im Uma from India moving to Vietnam by May. What electronics (like mixie, grinder, iron box) are we expected to bring from India? Can Indian...
    3 | 1 week 3 hours
  • Taipei
    My spouse and I are moving to Taipei this year. I work in HR and need to find a job through a company first. I am also flexible and would consider...
    Zero | 1 week 1 day
  • Ireland
    Is my PPS number (received 10 years ago) still valid? Or should I apply for the new one? I had lived in Ireland for 2 years and now are thinking...
    1 | 1 week 1 day
  • Denmark
    I am currently residing and working in United Arab Emirates and I would like to move to Denmark for to school and work there, any procedure that I...
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • Dubai
    Hi Friends, I am seriously thinking of moving to Dubai. I would like to know, the best area to live where I will be safe, and how to find work and...
    1 | 1 week 2 days
  • Oslo
    Hi I have been offered a job transfer to Oslo, Norway from my current employer in UK. I do not know the living costs, taxation and the salary that...
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • Japan
    Hi, My partner and myself will be moving to Arida in March 2017 and need to find an apartment to rent, please can anyone give any advice on how to...
    1 | 1 week 4 days

Read more posts about