There is a lot to consider when planning a move to a new country, and it's unlikely to be a case of simply hopping on a plane and arriving.
A lot of preparation goes into planning a move abroad, from packing lists and getting financial affairs in order, to ensuring that your spouse and kids are also on board with everything.
Being prepared for moving overseas is crucial, and makes the process that much easier. To help you with this we've compiled useful articles that give tips and information on what to consider when planning your move abroad.
Things to consider when moving abroad
- Simple security tips when relocating to a new country
- A British expat's guide to living in Turkey
- Relocation responsibilities: preparing your property in the UK
- What to expect when choosing your international mover
- The safest countries to live in
- Ten questions to ask and answer before moving abroad
- Things to consider before driving abroad
- Expat checklist: tips for planning your relocation
- Where and how to start planning when moving abroad
- Tips and tricks for learning a new language
- Before you leave: getting your financial affairs in order
- Expat contract negotiation
- The importance of expat travel or health insurance when going abroad
- Five things to look for in a health insurance provider
- In the case of an emergency: what's an expat to do?
- Moving your marriage abroad
- Preparing your kids for living abroad
- Five tips for expats on finding the best international schools
- Travelling with your pet – demystifying the process
- Relocating with your pets to Australasia
- Moving your pets to the UAE
- Taking your pets to the UK and EU
- Relocating your pets to Saudi Arabia
- Moving to Muscat: an expat's experience of shipping a pet to Oman