Address: 1 Waverley Place, London NW8 0NP

Websitewww.asl.org

Emailadmissions@asl.org

Telephone: +44 20 7449 1200

Gender: Co-educational

Teaching language: English

Curriculum: American

Ages: 4 to 18


Background

The American School in London (ASL) had humble beginnings in 1951 when an American journalist founded a school of just 13 students, holding lessons in his flat. Today, ASL is rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted and has a student body of more than 1,300. An American passport is held by around 70 percent of students, but many of these students have dual nationality. The remaining 30 percent of students at ASL is made up of children from more than 70 countries around the world.

Applications for admission to ASL must be submitted by January of each year. The school doesn't have a waitlist, but rather operates on a wait pool. If a place becomes available, a student from the wait pool is selected not based on the date of application but rather according to various factors like class composition. Families who miss the initial application deadline have until the end of March to apply for a spot in the wait pool. 


Further reading

►For more options, see International Schools in London

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International

Cigna_logo_300.png

Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global