Expert Info

Posted by Ashish Saxena
on 12 Jul 2019

Hello All,

I am a new member here. My question is as follows;

Question: I am working in India for a multinational company the head quarter of which is in Italy. Now the Italy head quarter has offered me an opportunity to join them as Ex-pat for a period of 2-3 years. They will do all the VISA formality for me. The role they are offering me will demand a lot of travel to European countries / Schengen countries. So the VISA which will be issued to me by Italian consulate in India to go to Italy for work allow me to visit other schengen countries as and when required on the same VISA or every time I will require to obtain a new VISA. For example during my 3 years work contract in Italy if I have to visit Germany, France etc. would I be able to travel with my current working visa or I will need to go to Germany consulate in Milan to again get the VISA for Germany?

Please help me to understand this.

cambodia on 3 Sep 2019

You should get a Schengen Visa with your employer and that means NO passport control within the countries of Schengen Area, no other visa needed, you will have ONE visa for the entire area!

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global