how to get a working visa for myself/the offer my husband is having is good or not?

Suman Goel's picture
By Suman Goel - Posted on
23 February 2012
my husband is getting a job in qatar as a executive chef in four star hotel.he is offered 11,000 riyal per month, accomdation (fully furnished,free electricity & water)free pick & drop.i dont think we would able to save money for our two yrs old son.how can i get a working visa for myself.pls note that i m not working rightnow. pls revert asap.
AlexandriaLipka's picture

Doha, Qatar (The Pearl District)

Connecticut, the USA

Alexandria's Website
Hi Suman,
When you come to Qatar both you and your son will be under your husband's sponsorship.  Once you find a job, you will need to get a 'No Objection Letter' from your husband (because he has sponsored you) stating that he allows you to work.  You may also have to get a police report from your home country attested by the embassy, as well as any formal documents or diplomas/certificates that you may have.  It could be worth getting some of this done before you move here to save time and money.  If these documents are required by your potential employer, you will also have to get them translated into Arabic.
Alternatively, your employer in Qatar may chose to sponsor you and take care of all this paperwork.  However, many women prefer to stay under their husband's sponsorship as they can change jobs as they wish and not have to worry about whether or not their employer will grant them a No Objection Letter.
Good luck,
A.
Your rating: None Average: 2.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Hi There .

My husband just got offered re location to quatar ( he is an electrician-foreman ) .We are Croatians but live in New Zealand (residents) .He would be working for NZ company w salary of 16 500 riyals per month w paid accommodation.At first he is going alone and then i would join him next year but i am not sure how can i get work visa ??? there is very little info on web sites so i am hoping someone here can help me :-))) please.Also would he be earning enough money ? i am not sure what kind of standard is there

AlexandriaLipka's picture

Doha, Qatar (The Pearl District)

Connecticut, the USA

Alexandria's Website
I would have a look at the Cost of Living section on Qatar, it is up to date and, although everyone is different, it'll give you a good general idea of how much things cost here.  If accommodation is paid for, it would also be good to know if any other benefits may be (car, phone, travel, etc), as 16,500QAR/month seems ok, seeing as how you won't have to pay rent.
Since you will be joining your husband, you will be under his sponsorship (Residence Permit) and so once you find a job, he will also be able to sponsor your work visa.  Your potential employer will also be able to sponsor your work visa but generally, wives who are sponsored by their husbands also get their work visa from them.
A. 
Anonymous

Hi there

My wife is a nurse and I am a police officer in South Africa. Looks like my wife will get a job before I do! We have two small children aged 2 and 4. Is it possible for my wife to sponsor me to enter the country?

My brother and his wife works as paramedics in Doha. Would he be able to help in any way as a sponsor of some sort

Heino Uhde's picture

Hi there hope you can help?

If my wife gets a job will she be able to sponsor me?

I have heard that our children can be sponsored to go with her but she can not sponsor me. is that true?

Anonymous

hi what if a person is working in doha on contract of 2 years and in between that he gets married , then his wife will also be allowed to go to doha with him....

Anonymous

I am an MSc Graduate in Project management, please can someone help me with Info on how to apply for job or get a Job in Doha.. I love that city. Thanks

GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Anonymous

You'll find all you need on the Expat Arrivals Working in Qatar Work Permits for Qatar and Visas for Qatar pages. Good luck!
Anonymous

hi there good day to you,I just want to know how much is the standard salary that is offered for a foreign maintenance engineer. And what is the type of work visa will he get.If ever he received a laborer visa is this standard?, thanks for your reply & answers- Chris R.

Anonymous

hi, I got offer and schengen visa in austria. but company is providing dependent visa for my husband. How can he apply for work permit in Vienna, austria? Pls revert as I have little time to decide...any help will be greatly appreciated

GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Anonymous

You might have better luck getting a reply if you post your question as a new question under "Austria" on this forum. Go to www.expatarrivals/answers and click "Ask a new question", then use the drop-down to select "Austria" before you post.
Anonymous

Hi I want works in Doha.

Anonymous

Hi I hope you r fine.I need your kind help to tell me what are the matters i should take when signed with my employer in Qatar.If i get better job, which is the proper way to leave the Co.where I work.

Read more posts about Qatar