Is Mid-Levels a good place to live in Hong Kong?

Sally's picture
By Sally - Posted on
01 June 2011
Been doing some research and it seems like Mid-Levels is a popular expat area with easy access to the city centre? Is this a good area to live in Hong Kong. Any personal testimonies out there?
Stephanie's picture

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
Mid-Levels is a great area to live in Hong Kong, no matter if you're a single expat or a full-fledged family. The vibrant nightlife of Lan Kwai Fong and Soho pull party-animals, while the close proximity to international schools and reputable hospitals are enticing for those with little ones.
NormaTeggart's picture

Hong Kong

the United Kingdom

Norma's Website
Midlevels is great, but it depends what you are looking for from your HK experience. Bars, restaurants and other ex pats are what you will find in Midlevels so although it is central and well connected you won't get a 'local' HK life at all. You will also get a lot less for your money if you live in Midlevels as it is one of the most expensive ares in HK. From my personal experience I love Midlevels to go out and about and socialise, but I am just to old now to live in the middle of it all. You choose though - I know loads of friends (who are my age! 30, something) and they love it.
Anonymous

Hi- I am looking to move ot Hong Kong in August. My workplace is in the Mid levels, where is near to this area to live thats a bit more affordable?
Thanks

Anonymous

Hi There,
If you want to stay on HK Island and be near to midlevels some ares to consider would be Sheung Wan, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay or Happy Valley (still a bit pricey). Check out the transport links in these areas for your commute. All have MTR access, but some will be easier than others.

Anonymous

I will be moving to hong kong with my husband and my 13 years old daughter from USA ijn August. May I get advice on how to minimize paying both US and HK tax.? Are there any good tax consultant in Hk that you may refer me?

Anonymous

Hi, I'm moving to Hk at the end of August but coming out end of July to do a reccy for a couple of days. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable estate agent so I can arrange some viewings before I move permanently?

Read more posts about Hong Kong