Is this a job scam in Qatar ?

Maherr Elechii's picture
By Maherr Elechii - Posted on
06 December 2013

I would like to ask you about a matter.A  few days ago I received via email a contract from " Awsaj Academy" and they send back to me an invitation letter which I will send it back via email also to a bureau of immigration services called " Dalma" . I am asking now it can be a scam ??

Xavier's picture
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Maherr

There is a very good chance of this, if you were not in correspondence with them before. Generally, businesses don't just send people contracts. I wouldn't send them any of your personal information, and I would definitely say you must not send them any money. While Awsaj is a real school, somebody may be using their name to trick you.

The best thing to do would be to contact Awsaj directly via their official website (comes up first on the Google search).

There basic rules to follow are, it is always better to be safe than sorry, and if it seems to good to be true, then it probably isn't true.

I can also recommend that you educate yourself about how things work there, so that you are prepared if somebody tries to fool you. See our Qatar guide, which starts with Moving to Qatar

Best of luck, hope it works out.

Kind regards

Xavier
Maherr Elechii's picture

Thanks alot Xavier for your fluent answer I will deffinetly contact the school Sunday morning to get an answer from them.

afidony's picture

Maherr Elechii . The same thing is happening to me right now
I've been offered a position in Al-Hekma international school in Qatar , then I was referred to DALMA IMMIGRATION SERVICES QATAR to finish my papers and all of this is only through the e-mail. please tell me what happened after this to you?

RH HD's picture

hello afidony,
r u here friend ?
I think we do have the same problem

afidony's picture

yes I'M HERE

RH HD's picture

do u want us to talk on skype ?

RH HD's picture

here is my skype ID: mrh1983.
Send me a friend's request and we'll talk.

afidony's picture

SEE THIS
http://www.qatarliving.com/working-qatar/posts/job-offer-comapny-it-real-or-fake#comment-form

afidony's picture

ok

RH HD's picture

yeah, i visited that page.
Tell me what u r gonna do... r u gonna get in touch with dalma immigration company or what ?

Anonymous

i am feeling the same problem with Al hekma international school .

Anonymous

This concerns me. Does this mean that a job offer at Al Hekma International School-Qatar. How do you know if its legit or if its a scam? I haven't heard anything positive from the only review I have been able to find on the school on Daves ESL Cafe.

I queried a lot of the contract after declining the offer and them persisting to inform them of why I declined. Hense, why I queried the contract in detail. I received a response with a new contract. No one I know in Qatar has heard of the school and not being able to find many reviews on it can either be positive or negative.

I was instructed that in order to receive a permit/visa I would also need to send copies of my degrees to DALMA IMMIGRATION.

How does one know if a job offer is legit or not in Qatar?! I am so freaked out and feel like I can't trust anything anyone says.

Please help.

Anonymous

it's a scam man , don't send anything.

Read more posts about Qatar