Hello... We have come from India... Can i get a job in schools or some office to just pass my time ,since i am getting bored at home.

Shantalie on 10 Jan 2013
Hi Rashmi,

Firstly, what type of visa are you on at the moment ? 

There are heavy restrictions in place that make it difficult for non-EU citizens to take up employment. To get a work permit you need to have secured a job at a company and they need to prove that they could not find a EU citizen to do that job, so it is necessary to be highly skilled.

The other way to get a work permit is if you have a Dutch partner who is willing to sponsor you while you look for a job in the Netherlands.

The Expat Arrivals pages on Work Permits for the Netherlands and Working in the Netherlands will be quite useful. 

Good luck 
Anonymous (not verified) on 11 Jan 2013
Hi Shantalie.. Thank you for your response. I am here on a dependent visa,my husband is working here in netherlands. I have a permit to work.
Rashmi on 11 Jan 2013
Hi Shantalie. Thank you for your response... I am here on a dependent visa. My husband is working here in netherlands.I have a permit to work.
Shantalie on 14 Jan 2013

If you have a permit to work in the Netherlands and are interested in finding a job the best place to start would be online. There are lots of job portals online and these are a great source of information.

If you are already living in the Netherlands, I would suggesst you visit your local Public Employment Service office where the staff can tell you abour vacancies and are generally very helpful.

Also, if you do have contacts in the Netherlands it will be beneficial to use these to find out about job oppurtunities as there are lots of placements which won't even be advertised.

To find out more about the job market in the Netherlands and tips on finding a job, have a read of the Expat Arraivals Working in the Netherlands page.

Good luck with the job hunt !