Expert Info

Posted by Amarjeet Singh
on 23 Aug 2017
Hi there,
I am from India, currently working in UAE. Having 17 months kid. What I wanted that for the better and secure future of my son thinking to start his kindergarten in Canada. I am thinking that my wife and son can be relocated there and I can support them from UAE. Please suggest me. Is it can be possible?
Kind Regards
Amarjeet Singh
EmmaL on 24 Aug 2017
Hi Amarjeet

Does your wife work? If you want them to relocate to Canada while you stay in the UAE, they will need residence visas. Have a look at our page on visas in Canada. The Canadian government also has an excellent website on immigrating to Canada.

You can find information about schools on our page on education in Canada. Do you have a particular city in Canada in mind? Keep in mind that Quebec is predominantly French, so if you want your child to have an English education, you might want to look at other provinces. 

Hope this helps!

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna Global

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International

Bupa Global

Bupa Global's international private medical insurance offers expats direct access to some of the very best doctors and hospitals in the world. Bupa is chosen by individuals who value expertise, freedom and quality. You can choose to see your preferred doctor close to home or a specialist in another country. Their health insurance plans are designed for day-to-day healthcare needs too.

Get a quote from Bupa Global