Labour &Life Insurance according to UAE Employment Contract

Miki's picture
By Miki - Posted on
18 October 2011
Dear Sir,Madam, Unfortunatelly my husband lost his life in the car accident last year.He was working in one of Europian Co. but under UAE Employment contract.According to UAE Employment contract was he entitled with Labour and Life Insurance or not?What kind of benefits is the family of deceased entitled etc.?I would kindly request all information to be submitted to me accordingly. Thank you for your kind information&advices. Sincerely, M.
Stephanie's picture
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
I'm sorry to hear that your husband passed away recently, but the first thing you'll have to check-on is if he had a will and if he had any debt. In the UAE, all assets and bank accounts are frozen until debt is completely paid off. Even if he had a will constructed in another country, it will not apply in the UAE. Regarding the labour and life insurance benefits, I imagine it depends on the contract. I would recommend you contact a UAE lawyer familiar with these matters.

Read more posts about Dubai