Hi there

Thanks to Xavier for answering my last question. Culture shock will happen anywhere, I guess. A more realistic concern is property in Greece. I hear it's cheap at the moment, but is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance

Phil Reece
Xavier on 25 Sep 2013
Hi Phil

Property in Greece is cheaper than it has been for a long time but that has to be weighed up against the weak economy and your reasons for wanting to go. If it's a short time, I'd probably rent because I wouldn't want to try and sell a house right now. If you want to stay, buying becomes more viable. Either way, I'd probably rent first and get a good feel for the market before making any decisions that big.

Check out our Accommodation in Greece page for more in-depth info.

Best of luck

Xavier