What is the standard of healthcare in Greece?

Phil's picture
By Phil - Posted on
25 September 2013
Hi 

Thanks again for all the help with finding property in Greece. I guess I have more to think about than I anticipated. Another thing for instance, is the standard of hospitals in Greece. My little one has a congenital heart defect and while it isn't too bad (as far as these things go), having access to a good hospital is a must. 

Thanks again guys

Phil Reece
Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Phil

In your specific case, I'd recommend living close to Athens or Thessaloniki. The hospitals there are of a high standard. While there are good facilities on certain islands, most specialised cases, like your child's, would probably be referred to a hospital in one of those cities. You can find out more on our Healthcare in Greece page.

Best

Xavier

Read more posts about Greece