What's the best way to get around Greece?

Phil's picture
By Phil - Posted on
02 October 2013
Hi there

We've settled on moving to the northern suburbs in Athens and I was wondering about the best way to get around. I will probably be doing some island hopping for business (and pleasure!) as well and would really appreciate any advice.

All the best

Phil Reece
Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Phil

Athens is probably the best place in Greece in terms of transport options. It's the only place with a working metro, and buses and taxis are widely available.

Greek drivers can be pretty horrific, so I'd get used to living there, before putting up with the extra stress of having to learn to drive there.

As for island hopping, most people use some kind of ferry service, depending on their needs. I think it's the kind of thing you'll have to get a feel for once you're there.

In the meantime, have a look at our Transport and Driving in Greece page. 

Hope this helps

Xavier

Read more posts about Greece