Will I suffer any culture shock in Greece?

Phil's picture
By Phil - Posted on
20 September 2013
Call me crazy, but my wife and I are moving to Greece. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not I can expect to suffer any culture shock there. I mean, are the Greeks as friendly as people say? What should I be prepared for?

Would really appreciate any help you guys can give- I know we're taking a big risk.

All the best

Phil Reece
Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Phil

Most people suffer a degree of culture shock regardless of which country they move to. There are, however, specific things in each country which are likely to affect expats who are new to it. To get an idea of what you might expect in Greece, have a look at our Culture Shock in Greece section. 

Let me know if you need anything else 

Best,

Xavier

Read more posts about Greece