Work visas and residency for Spain?

Narek Vardanyan's picture
By Narek Vardanyan - Posted on
09 February 2014

Hi, I am currently holding temporary resident permit in Estonia (EU) through my spouse. I have been offered a job in Barcelona and they are willing to do the paperwork. My questions is: Will I be able to apply for residency in Spain or I will have to be on working visa all the time? Will I have to leave Spain if that current company will be closed or I can apply for another job while I am there? Thank you very much in advance, Narek

Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi Narek

Have a look at our Visas for Spain and Work Permits for Spain pages. We also have a useful article on the NIE Number and Residency in Spain

Hope those answer your questions. If you have more, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Xavier
Anonymous

My family would like to live in Barcelona for 5-6 months. We hold American passports. Is there a VISA available that will allow us to stay beyond the customary 90 vacation period? We do not intend to work while there.

Read more posts about Spain