Posted by Ooogles
Hi all, I´m with my boyfriend for 3 years now. 2 of the 3 years we spent in a long distance relationship (Ireland to Spain). I moved to Spain last year and although I enjoy living here, I would like to have the option to return to Ireland one day with my boyfriend. I´ve raised this topic almost every month and continue to get the answer that he thinks it would be very difficult for him but he´s not saying yes or no. I need a yes or no, so I can feel more relaxed and be able to focus on the now but also to move things on in the relationship as we both want to spend the rest of our lives together and have a family. He says he´ll do anything to make me happy, including marrying me, even though the thought of all the attention on him for one day is frightening…. He can´t give me a yes or no and I don´know what to do. Any advice from people who were in the same situation? .
Shantalie on 29 Aug 2016
Hey, 

I think most of the fear of moving abroad stems from various insecurities - e.g. Will I find a job? Will it be comfortable to live there? etc.

Maybe you should read up about culture shock issues in Ireland and discuss these with your boyfirend.