Applying for Codice Fiscale in Italy before/after moving?

hewhoisdom's picture
By hewhoisdom - Posted on

Greetings! I'm just beginning my journey to Italy. I'm going to go slow about this because it's going to be a big change for me. I am a USA/Italian dual citizenship (with passports) residing in the USA. My first question regards Codice Fiscale. Is it wise to obtain this before moving to Italy? I would move there over a year from now. Thanks in advance for your advice.

EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago

Hi hewhoisdom

My advice is to apply as soon as possible because you're going to need it to do a lot of things once you're there. You can do it at an Italian embassy. Have a read of more tax-related things in banking, money and taxes in Italy.

Have you decided on where to stay in Italy? Will you be working?

Read more posts about Italy