Expat Pensioners returning to UK from USA?

Beedee2104's picture
By Beedee2104 - Posted on
21 November 2016

I am writing on behalf of my Aunt & Uncle who are both in their 80s. They have been living in Florida for the past 30 years but both of them still hold their UK passports.
My aunt unfortunately is in the early stages of Alzheimers and my Uncle wants to return to the UK as they have no family there.
He is worried that if anything should happen to him there would be nobody to look after my aunt.
Would they both be entitled to NHS care when they return or do they have to get private medical cover?

Anonymous

Once they are resident in the UK they will be entitled to NHS care.

Anonymous

Thank you

Read more posts about The United Kingdom