Family Visit Visa Saudi Arabia

dan79's picture
By dan79 - Posted on
16 October 2011
Hi to all. I am trying to figure out the family visit visa process and I still have one essential doubt, I hope someone will be able to help! I know the sponsor is the expat resident, however I need to know if their sponsor (their employer) needs to get involved and also sign/stamp any documents... The company is not at all enthusiastic or helpful about spouses visiting and I'd really like to do this without having to count on them. Also if anyone has recently gone through the process and could outline the steps, I'd be most grateful. Many thanks in advance
Stephanie's picture
Last seen: 2 years 3 days ago

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
Unfortunately, to get a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia you will need the help of your employer, surprise, surprise :(. Your company will need to write a letter describing your position and your salary earned, and they will also need to sign and stamp the formal visa application form.

You then take these forms with you marriage certificate and degree (and translated copies) and apply for the visa. You'll then be issued a white paper, which your employer uses to file an application for the visa with the Foreign Ministry.

So, as you see, you'll need your company on your side.
dan79's picture

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you so much for your response.

I knew that the Family visa required degree certificate, marriage certificate and Employer as Sponsor, but I had understood that for Family Visit Visa I did not have to give in Degree certificate and that I would be the sponsor who carried out all the elements of requesting the visa through the MOFA web page, although employer provides signed letter.
I guess it's going to prove near impossible for me.

Thanks for your reply.

Stephanie's picture
Last seen: 2 years 3 days ago

Charlotte, North Carolina (the USA)

Stephanie's Website
Hi Dan-

You are the sponsor, not your employer - but in most cases you need a letter of introduction from them with your salary details,and you need to have them sign and stamp the visa application form. I have now consulted with another friend who went through this process, and they said you don't need the degree certificate.

Furthermore, you can submit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yourself, it just helps to have them do it.

I would go ahead and try your best to apply, though if your employer doesn't agree to sign and stamp the application form, in the very least, then you won't get the visa.

Sorry...
dan79's picture

Dear Stephanie,
Thanks again for your fast reply!
Well, if I only need employer to sign the form and not to actually carry out the process, I may have more luck...
I very much appreciate your comments.
Will see if my husband can get things rolling.
Kindest regards

Anonymous

How many months would a family Visa will be released?

Anonymous

I had applied for family visit visa in riyadh. Now MOFA uploaded the following information
"We hope to mobilize a new application and write their number visa"

Please any one have to know about this, kindly reply.

Mughal

Anonymous

hello
i had applied family visit visa on 08/07/2012 and mofa uploaded that we hope to mobilize a new application and write their number visa.can any one tell me about this

Anonymous

I have also recive the above message, please any one advise

Anonymous

how many days or month is the maximum allowed for yellow paper to be stamped? i got yellow paper for family permanent visa but i want to bring my wife here after 6month from no. is it ok? thanks for kind response

Anonymous

Hi
My famili have in riyadh with visit viza any have government roll to make insurence also them

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia