Giving Birth in Norway using Spouse Visit

mingandrada's picture
By mingandrada - Posted on

Hi everyone,

My husband is working in Kristiansand, Norway, he have a 1 year contract starting Feb 2015 to Feb 2016. He have a temporary resident id.

I am 6 months pregnant now living in the Philippines and planning to visit him this Oct 1 to Dec 29 (3 mos of stay). My due date is Nov 19, 2015 and we are planning to give birth in Norway so he will be present on that special day.

My questions are: 1. Will I be covered of the free healthcare? 2. Will the government allow me to give birth even I'm not a resident?

Thank you very much :)

Read more posts about Norway