on 25 Dec 2015
Hello, I am a Austrian citizen and my partner is South African. We have been living together for three years and would like to move to Stockholm. I understand I will have to find work there first, then he can apply for residence based on our relationship. If he is granted residence, how long does he need to wait before he can apply for a job in Stockholm? Thank you for your help!
Shantalie on 4 Jan 2016
Hi Mildred,

From what I can tell, you will need to get permenant residence in Sweden before you can sponsor your a partner to move to Stockholm. You should consult an immigration expert before you begin the process - some countries require a couple to be married if they want to sponsor each other.

Check out the Visas for Sweden page for some background information.