Good evening, I am graduate from Italy, wishing to go back to the UK after studying there for some time. I've been offered a post in Manchester and I would like to know more information about the cost of living in general and what salary I should aim to get to live normally in Manchester. I'm looking for the basic to live in a decent way, and anything above that would be a plus. Thank you in advance
Shantalie on 17 Nov 2014
Hi Megumi,

I used to live in Manchester as a student a while ago, but I think prices would have increased since then. 

While the cost of living in Manchester is much less than in it is hard to say what salary you should aim for because this will depend on your experience and field of work. Accommodation will always be your biggest expense. If you want a 1 bedroom place in Manchester, you will be looking to pay around GBP 600 per month. If you are willing to share a house you can pay much less.

We are busy putting together a Manchester City Guide, so do check back on the site more information.

valentinagiglio (not verified) on 3 Feb 2015
Hi there! if you are moving to another country and you are looking for an accommodation, have a look on www.goguin.com ! it's a new platform where you can put your announcement either if you are looking for a room or if you are renting it.. is nice because you get in contact with people, and if you complete your profile it finds people with the same interest and hobbies of you.. so it could be a nice way to start having friends in a new city! here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJfl4BQInA Enjoy it!