Posted by powerwater
on 17 Oct 2016
My girlfriend is a Zambian born and breed and has her reg card. She has become and Australian citizen now and me and her a looking at moving back to Zambia. She has all her old passports and birth certificate. I am an Australian citizen, with a full time job so im just wondering what it is I have to do to get into the country to work and live with her and her family. I have been to Zambia 3 times now but only on a single entry visa.
Meagan on 17 Oct 2016
Hey there,

What line of work are you in?

Firstly, you'll need to secure a job - you can do a search using online job portals or have a look at the classified in local newspapers if you can get hold of some. Once you have a job, you can apply for a work permit, but this needs to be done before entering Zambia. You'll need to have a copy of the employment contract to apply for the permit. You can check out this page for more info on the job market in Zambia, and for more on visas see this page.

If possible, it might be ideal to enter Zambia on a single entry visa, do the job search, then leave the country to do the work permit application before returning.

For more info, you might also find the website for the Zambia Department of Immigration useful.

Good luck!

Anonymous (not verified) on 17 Oct 2016
Hey thanks for the reply I have my own rendering/Plastering business, and also am a scaffolder. I have worked in oil and gas projects. im just not sure if the Zambian government will give me a work permit.