Looking for affordable call rates from Japan to the Philippines. I hope someone here knows how, I could use some help. thanks
Shantalie on 25 Jun 2013
Hi GenevaMariz,

Calling abroad from Japan can be very expensive. So its important to look around for a deal that suits you. KDDI and NTT are two of the major service providers in Japan and have various packages that offer discounted call rates.

Using skype is another way of making cheap international calls. You might also consider investing in a VOIP phone.

For more detailed information on communications in Japan I suggest you take a look at the Keeping in Touch in Japan page.

Good luck.

GenevaMariz on 28 Jun 2013
Shantalie I read the link you posted thanks. did you have experience using KDDI and NTT before? I don't want subscriptions I'd rather pay on a per minute basis
GreenCouch13 on 8 Jul 2013
Can I suggest this new app I'm using? it's called Global Call and it gives you $1.50 in credit just for signing up as well as promotions where you can earn credits for sharing the app to your friends. You can also buy credits easily using credit cards or google wallet. if you want to make calls frequently to Philippines like I do then Global Call is for you. Their price is pretty low-- $0.09 for landline and $0.12 for mobile calls. It’s quite new and not yet as famous as skype though. Your in luck this week cause they are having an event at facebook, from July 5th to July 11th. On the last day they are giving away $10 bonus credit.
GenevaMariz on 8 Jul 2013
Global Call App? is this new? it's the first time I heard about this. oh well thanks anyway, I'll check it out later.
GenevaMariz on 17 Jul 2013
I used that app Global Call to call manila twice but now I'm out of credit, I tried to buy on the menu but somehow my bank card is not working, what can I do?
Anonymous (not verified) on 31 Jul 2013
Maybe you should call your bank? I know some banks doesn't allow online transactions automatically, you have to make a request first. If your card doesn't work still, you might wanna buy coupons offline here http://uglobalcall.com/wb/cmmn/UGLinfo_depth.uglobal?method=select&seqNo=27&lang=eng
GreenCouch13 on 31 Jul 2013
GenevaMariz on 6 Aug 2013
Yes, I called my bank. Apparently I need to ask for authorization for online transactions. I guess I can use my card now but thank you for giving me another choice for buying credit.
Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Sep 2013
0.299USD/MIN,is that cheap?