Is this a good salary for Abu Dhabi?

REverett50's picture
By REverett50 - Posted on
08 November 2016

Dear All,

I have been offered a position as a Manager Supervisor in Abu Dubai divided as follows:

Remuneration Package AED

Monthly Salary: 35,500 monthly
Hazard/Inconvience: 2,000 monthly
Car Allowance: 1,500 monthly
House Furnishing: 40,000 a year 3,300 monthly

Total monthly: 42,300 monthly

I would like to know if this is a good salary?

The company policy is employee must pay for work/residence permits and VISA. Which is fully reimbursed.

First month salary shall be paid in advance before I embark on my journey to assume duties. The one month salary is paid as soon as I procure and process the relevant Resident/Work Permit Documents from travel and submit to HR Department for verification. Is this a standard practice for employers to do?

Should I take this offer?

Thank you.

DR SSAKAH's picture

it very ok. Dont lose the chance

Last seen: 3 days 10 hours ago

Hey REverett,

That's a pretty good salary, but life in the UAE in known to be pretty expensive in general so whether you'll be living in the lap of luxury, I don't know. You should have a look at this link for more about the cost of living in Abu Dhabi. Websites like Expatistan and Numbeo also have a lot of detailed information about cost of living in destinations all over the world - you can even enter your current city and your destination city for a direct comparison, so that's pretty useful.

Like I said, though, it does sound like a good offer.

Cheers.
Anonymous

That's a very good salary. But still, it all ends up in your capacity to manage your budget. Even if you have a lot, you can never deny the fact that you might lose then in an instant.

Anonymous

company provided 200K for house rent, then 21k per month salary, is this enough for running life with two kids?

Anonymous

Hi, I just got offered a very similar package and something about it doesn't look right to me. Please tread carefully before paying any amounts up front. If you managed to very up front then please let me know. I am in the process of doing this myself.

Anonymous

Never ever pay upfront. No legitimate company would ask you to do this.

If they ask for Visa money up front it is a scam. End of.

Anonymous

I was offered a salary package of USD 350K as an Application Integration Manager. Accomodation, utilities, transport and return flights (I think they said once every quarter) were all part of the package. Oh and also schooling for my child (if needed). Is that on par with other management positions in Abu Dhabi or could I go for more?

Anonymous

So what can we do then ? If the employee will be the one to pay for the resident/working permits and visa as company policy ...can we negotiate ?

Anonymous

This sounds extremely suspicious to me as I received a similiar offer for a position with a oil and gas company in Abu Dhabi. The fact that the company want you to pay for your own Visa is a big no,no.The wording of the spoof contract is exactly the same and I'm sure if you check, the email addresses do not correspond with the prospective employers server either.

rkp199's picture
Last seen: 14 weeks 17 hours ago

Did you take the offer?

Anonymous

No, I was offered a position here in the states.

Anonymous

hi dear all
i was also offered such position as reservoir engineer. they asked me to pay 2850$ upfront . then i got suspisious and finally found out it was a scammer. be really careful about this type of job offers

Anonymous

I have a question...Please guide me
Company: Al Ain University of Science and
Technology
Salary: AED 45500 (Monthly)
Car Maintenance: AED 5,200 (Monthly)House & Furnishings: AED 43,500 (Yearly)Entertainment & Recreaon: AED 4,000 (Monthly)Travel & Events: AED 5,000 (Monthly)

I have to procure work permit visa from AL TOOFAN TRAVELS AGENCY referred by Al Ain University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi Campus. They will reimbursement soon after I submit the expenses in email.

I request your guidance on the above offer and the Al AIN University. Thank you.

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi