Italy Visa

rwboatwright's picture
By rwboatwright - Posted on
05 December 2017

I am traveling to Italy as a tourist for a 90 day stay. During this stay can I apply for a long stay visa and if so how do I begin this process?

EmmaL's picture

Hi rwboatwright

Read our guide to visas in Italy. A long-stay visa depends largely on what you're going to while you're in Italy. Are you planning on working in Italy? If you are, you'll need a work permit as well.

Hope this helps!
rwboatwright's picture
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago

My apologies, I was not very clear. I wanted to apply for an elective residence visa whilst in Italy on a 90 tourist visa.
It would make sense to apply for an elective residence visa whilst in Italy.
Sincerely, Robert

EmmaL's picture

Hi Robert

It should be possible to apply when you're in Italy, but it's always best to check with official immigration officers. Try the website for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Where are you based now?

Read more posts about Italy