Job Offer in Abu Dhabi - What is a good salary ?

Om Prakash Paatni's picture
By Om Prakash Paatni - Posted on

I am hoping you can help me. I would like to move to Abu Dhabi and I was wondering if a salary of 30,000 AED per month plus accomodation is enough to support a family of three?

Thanks

Clare's picture
Last seen: 2 years 22 hours ago

Yes I think that would be fair. Especially if your accommodation is not included in that.

Hi Om Prakash,

Accomodation is likely to be one of you biggest expenses when moving to Abu Dhabi so your lucky that this has been taken care of by your employer.

The cost of living in the UAE can be steep and continues to rise year on year. Whether you can live on 30,000 AED will depend on the type of lifestyle you choose to have. Factors like where you choose to have your children schooled, whether you decide to buy a car or use public transport and if you are the type of person that likes to eat out, will all come into play. 

Take a look at the Expat Arrivals page on the Cost of Living in Abu Dhabi for more information on what to expect in terms of expenses in the emirate.

What is your area of expertise ? If you have a lot of experience or impressive qualifications and are taking up a senior position within an organisation, it will be worth negotiating the inclusion of other benefits into your contract - such as an allowance for your children's education, transport and health insurance. Have a look at this page on Contract Negotiation in Abu Dhabi to get an idea of what benefits and entitlements you can reasonably push for.

I also think that this article which provides a Comparison of Salaries in the Middle East might be interesting reading for someone in your position.

Good luck with your decision
Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Anonymous

hi
very keen to know ur opinion
i am an indian women working in University as Administrative assistant in Rs 20,000 salary p/m i have got a job offer from a local construction comany in abudhabi with AED 6100 p/m i dont know what to do as i was very much interested in working in abudhabi. do u thin this amount can suffice me in meeting all the expenditures p/m out there as i am single.

Anonymous

i am a Ghanaian i wont a job am a Auto mechanical engineer and i wont a position of service adviser in any motor vehicle farm with a salary of 35,000AED I Will be happy if your up fit will help me get this job thank you.
Regard Albert

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi