Transport links in San Francisco and the best neighbourhoods for expat families

KateW's picture
By KateW - Posted on
12 February 2013

I am busy planning a move to San Francisco and need some advice from other expats who have been in a similar position.

I will be moving with my husband and three children. So we are looking for a nice safe suburb of San Francisco with a good sense of community. We'd like our children to go to a good public school and mix with other local kids. Space will also be a priority for us.

As both my husband and I will be working in the financial district, we realise we will need to commute daily so can anyone advise us on the transport options in San Francisco. How regular are buses and trains ? Which suburbs are well connected to the CBD by public transport ?

Thanks in advance,
cr1
cr1's picture

Interested in good schools and suburbs to live

Anonymous

SoMa is the best neighborhood to live in if you work in the financial district - but this may not workout if you have kids.

Read more posts about The USA