Expert Info

Posted by si196426
on 17 Nov 2016
Hi Guys
I'm in need of a bit of advise, my Fiance is Malaysian and she is looking to move across next year for a few years while we build a house in her home town. We are looking to marry next year but also she needs to work for personal re-seasons. I am self employed and have a resonable income with my own house. What type of visa should she apply for.
Many Thanks
Meagan on 17 Nov 2016
Hey Simon,

You'll need to apply for a spouse visa (click the hyperlink for more info on the official UK visa website). There are certain requirements - since you're engaged, she'll be eligible, but you'll have to prove a few other things, like that your relationship is genuine and that you have enough funds to support her financially. In this case, her earning potential isn't taken into consideration. The amount the British spouse needs to earn is 18,600 GBP a year, I believe.

Because this is an expensive and lengthy process I recommend hiring an immigration lawyer to ensure your application is done correctly.

Best of luck.


Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Nov 2016
Thank you