What is a good salary in Abu Dhabi ?

elisa_79's picture
By elisa_79 - Posted on
06 September 2012
Hi, I hope you can help me. I have received a job offer in Abu Dhabi. I would like to move to Abu Dhabi and I was wondering if a salary of 27,000 AED per month is enough for a single. The offer does not include accomodation or housing allowance. Thanks Elisa

Hey Elisa,

I think it would be possible to survive on this salary - depending on your lifestyle and how much you were looking to save.

Rent will probably cost you between 12,000 AED and 20,000 AED per month, depending on the type of place and area you wanted to stay in. But maybe you could share an apartment to lower rental costs.

You will probably need a car and if you chose to rent one - it will be about 2500 AED for a normal car.

The other expenses you will incur will depend on your lifestyle. But take a look at the Cost of Living in Abu Dhabi for more information.

Its also worth checking if health insurance and tickets home are included in your package.

You didn't say which field you were working in but this page provides a Comparison of Expat Salaries in the Middle East, which could be useful for you.

Good Luck

Your rating: None Average: 4.2 (5 votes)

Hey Elisa,

Good Luck

elisa_79's picture

Thank you very Shantalie.
Very appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi elisa! Actually 27,000 AED is a nice salary. I know places in abu dhabi that you can rent a studio flat with 20-30k a YEAR. transportation is cheap especially if you take the bus. You will pay just 1-2 AED. It is suitable if you rent a flat near your workplace so that would save you money. Hope this one helps you :)

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm Syed Sirajudeen. I did my engineering in electronics and instrumentation and now currently working in IT company(almost 2years). I always had a passion towards my core but i had to join IT because of family situation rather than waiting to get into core.

But,before its too late,i need a switch over.Thing is I'm really in a dilemma as they started visa initiation process for my onsite. And being complete fresher to my core, not sure as where to begin.

I did certification courses in PLC,SCADA,DCS all and still technically strong ;)...need guidance on where to start and which place is better to work. Is Gulf a good place to start for a fresher???

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!!

Anonymous

Syed, first learn some english. That will benefit your further career.

Your rating: None Average: 3.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Hi everybody. I have received a job offer in Abu Dhabi with a salary of 140,000 AED per year, housing allowance 180,000AED per year, car allowance 18000 AED per year. Overtime by basic salary/30/8 X 1.5. Probably around 30-50 hours per month. Medical insurance fully covered by company. Flight back trip once a year. I'm single. Need some advices.

Anonymous

Hi , I have taken premature retirement after 15 yrs of naval service as operations branch officer . i would appreciate some advice other than jokes . As I am interested in living in Abu Dhabi . Looking for job or business parternership .

Z

Anonymous

I am seven years experineced in Software industry and currently working as ERP consultant in India. A company in Dubai is offering me 14000 EAD per month. I will get 25 days leaves, I return ticket per year and medical insurance as benefits. can you please tell me if this salary is less according to the industry standards and not enough to live and save money in Dubai.

Thanks
Rajesh

Anonymous

I'm appliying to a job position on Abu Dhabi as CAD Engineer Specialist; which would be a good salary package??

Anonymous

Hi one and all,

Hope to come out to the UAE as a teacher have been offered 15.000 AED plus 20.000 AED for Housing, health and education for my two boys is this ok for a family of 4

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi