Work permit for Kyrgyzstan

cornwall's picture
By cornwall - Posted on
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to do some ESL teaching in Kyrgyzstan.  I've finally learned how to spell it, and am now looking for some information about work permits...

Can anyone let me know how these are done?  Do I apply beforehand, or sort it out when I arrive? Also, are there some nationalities who are maybe exempt from needing one?

Any help will be appreciated.

DavidC's picture

Every foreigner planning to work in Kyrgyzstan must have a work permit, regardless of their nationality.

You also have to arrange it before arriving in the country, so this means that you should attain employment at least several months before your planned arrival, to allow adequate time for the arrangement of your documentation.

Most employers will organise the visa and work permit, and you MUST be careful of language schools and smaller organisations that do not assume this burden. Remember that it can be a difficult process to get all the necessary documentation, and it almost always takes longer than the unsponsored 30-day visa will allow.

Anonymous

I was advised to get a tourist visa to Kyrgyzstan and the school would organize a working visa once i was there. Is this going to be a problem?

Read more posts about Kyrgyzstan