As I am a South African citizen , I need to know the procedure I should follow to obtain a works permit for Angola ? Is it best to sort it out with the South Africa embassy in Angola? Or is it beter to apply in South Africa before travelling to Angola?

Shantalie on 15 Jan 2013
Hi Charles,

Once you get a job offer from a company in Angola they will usually assist you in obtaining the correct work permit. Work permits in Angola don't give you any flexibility to move jobs within the country. You will be tied to a single employer and they will need to inform the authorities if there are any changes to your contract.

You will be required to provide your employer with a number of documents. A comprehensive list can be found on the Expat Arrivals Work Permits for Angola page. 

If the company is based in Angola it is likely that they will submit your application in Angola. You cannot travel to Angola without having a valid visa - so you will need to wait until you've receive the visa or work permit before you travel.

Good luck.
Anonymous (not verified) on 8 Apr 2013
can you get a work permit if you have drunk driving on your police clearance? very worried south african.
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 May 2013
i had speeding in my police clearance in za and did not have a problem, I think theft and murder are the one's they worry about
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Jun 2014
where can one search for jobs in Angola
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Jun 2014
I am hiv positive. can I get a work permit to work in Angola
Anonymous (not verified) on 31 Jul 2014
How long does a work permit takes to process in Angola? Also I have a record on my police clearance for playing loud music in ZA, will this cause the work permit to take long or not approved?
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Oct 2014
How does a person get a temporary resident permit to reside in Angola