Read more about expat life in Romania in our Expat Arrivals Romania country guide.
About living in Cluj-Napoca
- A McDonalds medium burger meal; 18 RON
- A can of Coca Cola; 2-3 RON
- A Volkswagen Polo/Toyota Yaris/Renault Clio: Cars are sold in EUR at about 9,000 to 10,000 for these models.
- Beer at a bar: 5 -10 RON (but about 2 RON at a store)
- Meal for two in an average restaurant: 70 -100 RON (2 courses + drinks) (Can buy a week's groceries for 150 RON)
- Cinema tickets: 14 RON each
- Gasoline: 5.20 RON/Litre
- Apartment: 50k - 200k EUR
- Rent: 100 - 500 EUR/Month (Cities vary a lot on Real Estate pricing in general)
- Build your own house: About 100k EUR including the land. In the Cluj suburbs, this would build something nice, in the Ploiesti area it would be closer to a mansion.
About working here
Family and children
~ Interviewed February 2013
Are you an expat living in Romania? We'd love to hear your story. Open the questionnaire here, copy into an email and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org