Posted by EmilyFung
I am a Hong Kong citizen. I have obtained my work permit and will be traveling to Bucharest soon. What department do I have to go to in order to apply for a work visa once I'm in Bucharest?
Thank you very much in advance!
EmmaL on 2 Aug 2017
Hi Emily

Have a read through our page on work permits in Romania. To receive a long stay visa, which you need along with your work permit, you need to apply for one at the Romanian embassy in your home country before you travel to Bucharest.

When are you travelling to Bucharest? Depending on the type of work you'll do in Bucharest, it can take between 10 and 45 days for your visa to be approved.

Good luck!
EmilyFung on 2 Aug 2017
Thank you for your reply. I'll have a look at the page and visit the Consulate of Romania in Hong Kong.
EmmaL on 2 Aug 2017
Hi Emily

Glad I could help. What type of work will you be doing in Bucharest? There are many different types of long-stay visas for Romania, and they are all related to the type of work or reason for visit. The basic employment visa usually is the fastest to be approved with 10 days.

Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Nov 2017
Hi I'm currently living in the United States on a work visa but I'm originally from Mexico, how would I go about moving to Romania and obtaining a work visa??