I'm a British citizen who plans to move to Brussels soon. I'm not working, but wish to rent a little studio flat for about 10 months and study the language and culture. I have 12000 Euros and receive a small monthly income of 90 Euros. Would the authorities consider these funds sufficient to issue me a residency permit? Olu
AlexL on 7 Aug 2015
Hi Olu,

I would advise you to contact your nearest embassy to see if the funds will suffice. Also have a look at our cost of living page for Brussels in preparation for your trip. 

Good luck with your studies,

Alex

Olu on 7 Aug 2015
Thanks for your advice, Alex. Although I did make a slight mistake there. I receive a weekly income of 90 Euros, not monthly. I have emailed the embassy. Olu