Hello I am a mum of two lovely children currently living in London. The children are Austrian citizens, I am not, they have their father's citizenship. I am a single mother, I have a job in London but, I am planing to bring the children in Austria now, when they are still at a good age to learn German, 7y and 5y. The problem is that we do not speak German, the kids will learn no problem but, for me will be a bit difficult to find a job until I learn German. I could keep my London job but the idea of commuting is not good. I would appreciate a bit of advice in what kind of help a single mother will get in terms of benefits? Maybe for the first six months I could settle with the children, schools and all without me working whilst taking a German class, then I could start looking for a job.Thank you for reading and for the advice.
momexpact on 29 Mar 2018
Hi Mom of two, I´d like to know if you have settled with you children in Austria. I´m in similar situation, and I´d like to listen to your experience. Thanks